Aachen-Maastricht Institute for Biobased Materials
The Aachen-Maastricht Institute for Biobased Materials (AMIBM) is a European, cross-border, research institute focusing on the development of advanced biobased materials.
AMIBM designs, creates and translates biobased molecules, processes and materials into applications that outperform in functionality and sustainability for better living.
AMIBM is located in the Netherlands on the Brightlands Chemelot Campus in the Dutch Province of Limburg and has a branch office in Germany (AMIBM e.V.), and conducts innovative fundamental, applied and translational research by creating synergies between academia and industry.
Vision and mission
- To meet the need of biobased materials producing and using industries (SME and large industries)
- To fulfil the obligations of the direct stakeholders (Province of Limburg, UM, RWTH Aachen University, Fraunhofer IME)
- To take our responsibility for the society (legislators, students, scientific and public community)
- We offer biobased innovations and solutions by creating outstanding cross border teams and synergistic core competences and infrastructure
- We are committed to strive for excellence and building critical mass together with our customers along the value chain.